- Always bring your valid health card with you when coming to see a physician or a nurse. If invalid or forgotten, a cash deposit of $25 +HST will be taken and held for a month and will be reimbursed only when a valid health card is received.
- All appointments must be cancelled at least 24 hours prior the scheduled appointment time or no show fees will apply.
- If you arrive late for your appointment, your physician will be informed. It will be up to him/her to decide if they are still being able to see you.
- It is the responsibility of the patient to remember their appointment information. No reminder calls will be made prior to appointments. Email confirmation will be sent if you have provided us with a valid email address.
Confidentiality of Personal Health Information
When turning 14 years old, patients may exercise independent consent for health care. Health information will be kept confidential. Disclosure to third parties including parents will require a signed consent from patient.
Every case is different; exception to this rule will be at the discretion of the physician.
If a 16 year old patient signed consent for parents/guardians to have access to his/her medical records, consent will automatically expiry when patient turns 18.
All 18 year old patients will have to give new consent for their parents/guardians to access to/discuss/pick up anything in their chart only if they choose to do so.
Test Results cannot be given by our front staff team. Please note that our receptionists are not nurses. They have no medical training and cannot assist you with your health concerns. The physician who ordered your test will review your results as soon as they receive them .If there is anything that need to be followed-up, the clinic will get in contact with you. However if you have concerns, you are welcome to book an appointment with your family doctor. But no results will be given to patients by phone.
You can request to have your results -once reviewed by your family doctor-added to your portal free of charge.
Approximate time for test results ordered by your family physician ( if ordered by a specialist, ask them to cc your physician on results for us to get a copy as soon as available):
- General Bloodwork: 1-5 business days
- PAP Test: 10-14 business days
-Public Health Testings (HIV, Syphyllis, etc.): 10 business days
-Diagnostic Imaging (MRI,X-Ray, CT, Bone Density, Mammogram, Ultrasound,etc.): 7-14 business days
-Biopsies: 10 business days- Hospital Testings: 10 business days
Reserved appointment time in any medical office is limited and valuable. It is extremely important that all patients honor their reserved appointment times. Failure to do so deprives other patients from receiving needed care in a timely fashion.Those who fail to keep scheduled appointments should not penalize the doctor and our staff. Our policy stipulates that failure to give sufficient notice to keep a scheduled appointment (24 hours notice) will result in a fee being charged, usually $43.00 for a regular 15 minutes appointment and $68.00 for a Periodical Health Review or 30 minutes appointment.
Patients who arrive late to their scheduled appointment will not be seen and will be asked to reschedule their appointment on a different day. The no- show fees (same as above) will also apply.
If a patient misplaces documents filled out or prepared by a physician (including the Quebec reimbursement form) and would like another copy, there will be a fee involved, the same fees paid for previous/original ones.
To ensure that we create a healthy and safe environment for our patients and employees, Meadowlands Family Health Centre maintains a scent free policy.
Patients, visitors, employees and medical staff are requested to refrain from the use of scented perfumes, deodorants, after-shave lotions and other scented personal hygiene products.
Scented products contain certain chemicals that trigger symptoms in people with migraine headaches, allergies, asthma and other respiratory disorders - sometimes requiring emergency treatment.
Narcotic Medications will not be renewed via fax or by a physician other than your own. You will need to book an appointment your physician.
When due for your narcotic renewal, you will need to make certain you have an in person follow-up with your physician for narcotic renewal PRIOR to you running out of your medication to avoid dissappointment.
Hesitant? Do not know if an appointment is needed?
No need to see the doctor for:
- Regular blood pressure check- ask to see a nurse
- TB Test for school or work – ask to see a nurse
- Prescription refills: Until July 1 2016 you can still ask your pharmacy to fax the request to our clinic, after July 1 2016 all requests for prescription refills outside of an appointment must be made through the midash patient portal, please refer to the Patient Information section for more information.
Fax Number: 613-228-2856
VERBAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
IF YOU DISPLAY SUCH BEHAVIOUR, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.